A WELL STYLED LIFE

...style is more than what you wear, it's how you live your life

May 15, 2014

Traveling In My Own Backyard


I love living in Northern California.  

San Francisco is a short 30 minute drive,  I can get to downtown Carmel in 90 minutes and Napa Valley is less than an hour drive away...going the speed limit. Which I seldom do.

I am joining my fellow bloggers and Instagram lovers at Skimbaco's Instagram Travel Thursday , sharing some of my favorite posts from The Napa Valley adventure I had last month.



As I drove the small country roads, winding through rolling hills covered with luscious green vineyards...I could almost feel my blood pressure go down.


Blooming roses and wild California Poppies seemed to be around every turn. The deeper I got into the Napa Valley the more transported I felt.


Before I joined Instagram last year, I had very few photo's that captured my travel adventures and holidays.

I was the woman who carted her camera on vacation and consistently left it in the hotel room.  It was too bulky, heavy and  awkward to bother with.  Now that I use my iPhone, I've become totally slightly obsessed with snapping and sharing on Instagram.



I attempt to capture experiences with my Instagram photo's.

By using the InstaCollage mobile app, I integrate multiple aspects of the same event,  into one Instagram photo.



 We met at Redd in Yountville and because one picture didn't capture us all, I put two together to unite us.



Napa Valley Wine tasting

We began our day of wine tours at the elegant and grand Domaine Carneros.


Napa Valley wine tasting

Moved on to the wine caves at Pine Ridge Vineyards.


Napa Valley wine tasting

Then enjoyed a stunning tour and lunch at Merryvale Winery.

~~~

Throughout our trip we all did a lot of this...




And thanks to our fabulous chauffeur Mike Johnson, and Napa Valley Tours & Transportation we were able to do a fair amount of this.



For more stunning pictures of the gorgeous Napa Valley check out:

 Mike's "Napa Chauffeur" Instagram page.

Heather of Style Mind Chic, on Instagram

Adrienne of The Rich Life On A Budget's Instagram page

Kim from Northern California Style on Instagram

Tamera Beardsley's Instagram



I would like to thank Katja Presnal, Owner and Founder of Skimbaco Lifestyle Magazine for hosting Instagram Travel Thursday. 

If you love to travel, enjoy Instagram and want to join the fun, you can learn about the Instagram Travel Thursday  linkup here.  You can also add the  #IGTravelThursday  hashtag to your travel photo's on Instagram... to share your experiences with others who love to travel.

Today I am linking with Leigh at Hines Sight who writes a weekly Travel Insight feature for Skimbaco Lifestyle, online magazine.

With all the social media options available these days, I hesitated to dive into Instagram.

 I'm very glad I did.

Are you on Instagram?

Disclosure: Our tours at Domaine Carneros and Merryvale Winery, along with our  lunch were complimentary, and hosted by Charlotte Milan, Founder and President of C. Milan Communications. Our transportation was also complimentary and hosted by Napa Valley Tours & Transportation. All opinions are my own.

36 comments:

  1. Love these! I need to get more into Instagram!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've been waiting for you Wendy!! I think you'd like it.

      Delete
  2. So beautiful, especially those colourful flower fields! After reading everyone's posts from Napa I really really want to go there again!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loved how everyone had their own views on things and each person captured something new! YOu are so lucky to be living in Cali - my hubs and I would move to Carmel in a jiffy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey, I've seen these on Instagram :). I am trying it out but I forget to take pictures with my phone too. We were hoping to go to Napa this fall but will not be able to because of work...one day. Thanks for sharing your adventure with us.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Please promise to let me know when you do come out!! I'd love to meet you. xo

      Delete
  5. It looks like such a wonderful time! I grew up in the Bay Area and miss it terribly.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't know you'd grown up here. Do you ever get back to visit?

      Delete
  6. Jennifer, this had to be so much fun. And, at this time of the year I would love to move to Northern California or anywhere else along the Pacific NW. I cannot deal with instagram for me personally, but will definitely take a look at your recommendations.
    Have a great weekend, girlfriend. I am receiving a huge box of new Italian Leather Handbags today and cannot wait to open it up and smell the leather. Sending love, precious.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do remember the summer heat in Texas!! Stay cool and hydrate, liberally. Those bags sound fun!! Can't wait to see them. Happy weekend. xo

      Delete
  7. Oh my gosh, you all look stunning, I am scrolling up to check out all your outfits again! What a fabulous bunch of glam and fun women! Wish I could rock a fedora like you guys can!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you about your blog!

    Me and my family are moving to Bay Area after two months and I'm a bit nervous. We come to visit in the end of the month to see how our new neighborhood is looking. It's really nice to see a bit how it is there throw your pics and posts. Last four years we have been living in The Netherlands and Germany (Berlin) and Finland so I'm kind of hoping that next four years we are just living in one place:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You will love living in the Bay Area. It has micro climates, depending in your location and can be quite cool or very hot. Good luck with your move and welcome.

      Delete
  9. Beautiful photos! I haven't been able to figure Instagram out yet... I managed to get an account and accidentally posted a picture that had half of my forehead... I didvthis on my iPad, probably not the best idea... I decided to revisit Instagram some time later in the future, just not now. I don't think I could even find my Instagram page anymore. But neither can anybody else, which is probably a good thing...

    ReplyDelete
  10. So lovely. What a wonderful backyard.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hello Jennifer,

    Instagram has not entered into our lives yet but please be patient with us. We do not even have a television and the computer is still a novelty. Things take a time to be fully accepted by us. Indeed,it often takes solong that the things are in museums before they enter our lives!

    The Napa Valley looks truly delightful. Thus definitely looks like our kind of holiday. We may not know anything about Instagram but we do know about vineyards and drinking wine. Hungary has some wonderful artisan winemakers and we like trying them out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You and Lance would adore the Napa Valley, Jane!! I'd love to visit Hungary and experience your artisan winemakers creations!! Always fun to taste a new wine. Enjoy your weekend.

      Delete
  12. I am on Instagram but have never posted photos as lovely as these ones!! The Napa Valley looks gorgeous...I have never been but it has always been on my 'must visit' list. Now off to check out all the Instagram links!
    Have a marvellous weekend!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. My smartphone is Android-powered, so I'm excluded from the Instagram fun (for now). Hoped I'd be able to hop on the bandwagon with my iPad mini, but that's not possible yet, or at least not at last check. Does make me think my next phone should prob. be an iPhone so I guess those Apple peeps are pretty clever. . .
    Your "backyard" is absolutely gorgeous! And what a fun crew you had to share it with -- thanks for letting us in on some of your travels. . . Have a lovely weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm surprised your mini won't download the Instagram app. I had planned to get one, but I'll have to check that feature out. Enjoy a relaxing weekend my friend. xo

      Delete
    2. You can download the ap for Instagram on an iPad mini….(I have it and use it…it's great). And you can also download the Android version - I have a Samsung Galaxy and run Instagram on that.

      Delete
  14. Lovely post and images Jennifer. I've loved reliving our trip through our #IGTT posts this week. Just popping in to say 'hello' and wish you a restful weekend my dear. You've had so much going on I'm hoping you get some R and R.
    xx, Heath

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Heather...I'm looking forward to some down time. xoxo

      Delete
  15. Oh, so gorgeous! Thanks for sharing your stunning pic's. I can live vicariously through you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. I am so glad you got on Instagram. This trip was wonderful and I loved seeing it unfold on Instagram. Thanks so much for linking up with us, and sharing these photos.

    ReplyDelete
  17. What great photos! I sure would love to meet all your lovely ladies!
    OXOX
    Dawn Lucy

    ReplyDelete
  18. SO, now I am not getting your POSTS!
    GOOD GRIEF!I will try to subscribe again!
    GO INSTAGRAM!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Ooh, I need to find you on ig stat!!
    Bon weekend... :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Jen, Loved this! I have to get that Insta-collage thingy. You did a great job with your photos. I am with you I hate lugging my camera and I do use my phone a ton more now for photos.
    Hope you take care. Miss you. xx Kim

    ReplyDelete
  21. This looks so incredibly beautiful and how wonderful to share it with like-minded souls.

    ReplyDelete
  22. I love where you live too! Beautiful places!

    ReplyDelete
  23. The photos are stunning and the blogger event looks very celebratory. I am on Instagram, but haven't quite figured it out yet. You have inspired me!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Jennifer what a dream trip! The surroundings and all of our blog friends, what could be better!

    Xoxo
    Karena
    The Arts by Karena

    ReplyDelete
  25. What a beautiful part of the world, the Nappa valley must be, thank you so much for the wonderful images.Such fun to share with other like minded bloggers.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Hi Jennifer! Or do you go by, Jenn? See, I told you I'd come check out your blog on my computer :). And I see you do live in California! That's wonderful news! We are Californian's too. Originally OC kids turned Santa Barbara residents. Don't mind me while I spend a few more minutes soaking up your site ;)
    xo, Kym
    @ Sincerely Kymberly

    ReplyDelete